Re: copy/paste keys

From: shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:06:18 +0100

"joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> schreef in bericht news:9bb5fb71-91d7-49f0-8e4d-17911dc2b35c_at_a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 7, 12:56 pm, Aggelos <a..._at_vergina.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> I would like your help on the following situation:
>> Anybody who has worked with oracle forms 6i on solaris on sparc machines
>> with sun keyboard, should know the usefulness of the "dedicated" keys
>> copy, paste (and cut) that the sun keyboards have. Therefore, working
>> with the same application in 6i oracle forms in Linux, on a PC with a
>> common/standard pc keyboard, I have been trying to "assign", in some way,
>> the operation of the above keys, to two keys of a standard PC
>> keyboard, e.g. to the two keys, found immediately to the right of the
>> Right_ALT.
>> I tried with xmodmap, but with no luck, not even in the gnome-terminal,
>> in gnome (2.20.x) environment that I use. :-(
>> Has anyone accomplished such a thing? Any advice?
>> Aggelos
>
> Been way too long since I did this, but as I recall, the secret was to
> run a program that shows what each key is generating so you can make
> the right x mapping. Just can't quite remember the name of that
> program. Mighta been showkey
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO.html#s1
> (sorry I'm not on linux right now).
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.bigfix.com/rayhopewood/

Same here, long time ago, but I think I recall Oracle Forms had terminal files to map keystrokes... something like fmrweb.res.

Wait, just googled and found:

"The default key mappings are different between client/server and web forms. The standard file used in web-deployed forms to map keypresses to Forms functions is FMRWEB.RES (located in the FORMS60 directory). This contains key mappings
for the Solaris environment."

Shakespeare Received on Mon Dec 10 2007 - 14:06:18 CST