copy/paste keys

From: Aggelos <agg_at_vergina.dyndns.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 22:56:01 +0200

I would like your help on the following situation: Anybody who has worked with oracle forms 6i on solaris on sparc machines with sun keyboard, should know the usefulness of the "dedicated" keys copy, paste (and cut) that the sun keyboards have. Therefore, working with the same application in 6i oracle forms in Linux, on a PC with a common/standard pc keyboard, I have been trying to "assign", in some way, the operation of the above keys, to two keys of a standard PC keyboard, e.g. to the two keys, found immediately to the right of the Right_ALT. I tried with xmodmap, but with no luck, not even in the gnome-terminal, in gnome (2.20.x) environment that I use. :-( Has anyone accomplished such a thing? Any advice? Aggelos Received on Fri Dec 07 2007 - 14:56:01 CST