Column Name Change

From: Jeff B <jeffby_at_KnoSpam.tds.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:07:00 GMT

Good Morning,

Is it possible to change a column name of a table after the table has been created? I have a table called Members that have FirstName, LastName columns. The problem I have is the information that got put into the table had the names reversed, so now all the first names are in the LastNamr column and all of the last names are in the FirstName columns. I tried Delete Members but I recieved an error about a value being shared, I found on one website Replace Column column_name To new_name but this did not work as I could not figure out how to reference which table I wanted to make that change in.

Just kind of stuck at the moment, seems easiest thing would be just to cjange the column headings to match the data but I can not find a Modify or AlterTable command to do this?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff Received on Sun Dec 02 2007 - 06:07:00 CST