Format A Calculated Column in a Query?

From: Jeff B <jeffby_at_KnoSpam.tds.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 21:53:45 GMT

Good afternoon,

I am try to figure out how to format a calculated column in a query but am not finding how to do it or if I can do it?

Here is my Query and Results:

SQL> Select RTRIM(Members.LastName), RTRIM(Members.FirstName), Position.Position, Campus.CampusName, (Position.YearlyMembershipFee / 12) AS Monthly_Dues
  2 From Members, Position, Campus
  3 Where Members.PositionID = Position.PositionID   4 And Members.CampusID = Campus.CampusID   5 Order by Campus.CampusName DESC, Members.LastName;

RTRIM(MEMBERS.LASTNAME)                            RTRIM(MEMBERS.FIRSTN
POSITION                  CAMPUSNAME                MONTHLY_DUES
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------- -------------------------
 ------------------------- ------------
Bradley                                            Wilson
Associate Professor       Purdue University           75.0416667
Joe                                                Brady
Associate Professor       Purdue University           75.0416667
Sebastian                                          Cole                 Full
Professor            Purdue University           41.7083333
Dave                                               Davidson
Assistant Professor       Indiana University          72.9583333
Ellen                                              Monk                 Full
Professor            Indiana University          41.7083333
Michael                                            Doo
Lecturer                  Indiana University          87.5416667
Bob                                                House
Professor                 IUPUI                       58.3958333
Bridget                                            Stanley
Lecturer                  IUPUI                       87.5416667
Jerome                                             Clark
Lecturer                  IUPUI                       87.5416667

My Column for Calculating Monthly dues are coming out with 7 places on the right of the decimal point but I would like that to only have 2. The YearlyMembershipFee column in the table was created as NUMBER(7,2) so I am guessing that that format does not carry to the new calculated field?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff Received on Sat Dec 01 2007 - 15:53:45 CST