Re: Deregister a Metadata repository from a (non existent) OID

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:42:56 +0100

shakespeare wrote:
> "Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht

>> Another option:
>>
>> delete cn=<your_sid>, cn=OracleContext,dc=<your base dn>
>> from the OID.
>> Use a program that actually supports cascaded deletes, such as
>> LdapAdmin (http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/), or OIDManager
>> if you're slightly masochistic

> Frank,
>
> thank you for your suggestion. This will only work when OID is still alive,
> so only in my test case. When the OID server is dead and gone, it's not
> possible to connect through LDAP anymore. I have made a Metalink SR on this,
> will follow up.
>
> Shakespeare

Yup, realized that the day after I posted... Sorry 'bout that. Trying to figure out how else to approach this... As far as I can figure it out, registering does the following:

The situation you're in is that your OID is gone, so no worries about any entries. Just reset rdbms_server_dn to an empty string, delete, or move, the wallet, and you should be done...
For purists, you might want to delete ldap.ora, and revert sqlnet.ora, but these only influence networking.

Somewhere along the line there must be another entry.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...