Re: Conditional Trigger

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:45:10 +0100

mowinom_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Frank's suggestion was a natural and a good one. And yes, I know about
> modeling and normalization. Problem is that a pannel decided that it
> be done as specified above. There are already too many tables in the
> database already.

Oh no! Democracy in database design: "a panel decided..."

Just gimme back my mini's and my 911 CRT, and the days I decided what to automate, and how and when and all users had to do was worship me. Oh, and they could be allowed to use the product every now and then - if I was in a good mood.

What you are doing is creating a non-scalable heap of crap, that can simply and elegantly be resolved by normalization.

I'd demand signatures of the committee under a statement, that no Oracle developer, DBA, or (external) consultant is ever going to be held responsible for this... "design"

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...