Deregister a Metadata repository from a (non existent) OID

From: shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:32:32 +0100

Does anyone know how to solve this:

We have a metadata repository on a database server (10g rel 2), and a separate OID server (AS10g rel 2 on SLES 9.3 64 bit) Unfortunately, the OID server 'died'. No backup available (don't blame me.... some people just don't backup development environments it seems) So with the old repository intact, we want to install a new OID server. But Repca only wants to deregister the old OID if and when it can connect to it (which is technically correct, for you actually deregister the Metadata Repository from OID). But it's not there anymore....

BTW: I built a testcase on two different servers to deregister an EXISTING oid server. Repca refuses to deregister, because: the repository is used by OID. So what's the use of repca deregister anyway? It won't deregister non-existent nor existent OID's.....

Shakespeare Received on Wed Nov 21 2007 - 02:32:32 CST