Re: Where to do Data Validation?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:14:14 -0800

Brian Tkatch wrote:

>> Define 'controlled environment'.

> One implementation i have seen (in many groups in the same
> organization) is one username which the program uses to connect, but
> is not given to the users.

One does not need a username to connect to Oracle.

You might want to sit back and ask yourself what is going on when two very senior Oracle professionals are both saying the same thing to you and not one person is saying you are correct. The message should be extraordinarily clear.

You are wrong and, apparently, too ignorant about Oracle to know what you don't know.

Consider using this opportunity to learn something rather than just digging a deeper and deeper hole.

David ... I think we've made our point to any lurkers. Brian has distinguished himself from most serious professional by his logon to this group (Brian Tkatch <N/A>). Obviously this just a troll and his only point in posting is to create havoc. Kill File! He's all yours if you wish to respond. I'm through feeding the troll.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor