Where to do Data Validation?

From: Vijai Kalyan <vijai.kalyan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:48:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I have a question about data validation. I have been reading some articles that indicate that data validation should be done at the application level (while also having integrity constraints in the database) whereas other articles mention that data validation should be done only at the database level because that's what integrity constraints are for.

Any for or against on these two viewpoints?

Thanks,

Vijai. Received on Mon Nov 19 2007 - 11:48:12 CST