Update Table

From: Rosh157 <kouroshsaei_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:20:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi every one:
i'm kind of new in Sql*plus and Oracle and i have some problem in Update the value in one of the table.I want a Write an UPDATE statement to change values of SERVICE.Description from, Mens Shirt to, Mens' Shirt. when i try to do that the error show me that:

SQL> UPDATE Table Service
  2 SET Description='Mens's Shirt'
  3 WHERE Deccription='Mens Shirt';

ERROR:
ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

I don't know how i have to close the quoted string. This is a select statement from service: SQL> select * from service;

   SERVICE DESCRIPTION
UNITPRICE
---------- --------------------------------------------------

        10 Mens Shirt
1.5

        11 Dress Shirt
2.5

        15 Women Shirt
1.5

        16 Blouse
3.5

        17 Dress
4.5

        20 Slacks-Men
5

        25 Slacks-Women
6

        30 Skirt
5

        31 Dress Skirt
6

        40 Suite-Men
9

        45 Suite-Women
8.5

   SERVICE DESCRIPTION
UNITPRICE

        50 Tuxedo
10

        60 Formal Gown
10

13 rows selected.
and i using Sql*Plus on oracle.
i would Thanks a lot if some one can help me with this. Thanks. Received on Sun Nov 18 2007 - 14:20:52 CST