Re: Does Oracle have a SAS datastep?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 7 Nov 2007 21:04:27 -0800

Robert (irishhacker_at_gmail.com) wrote:

: Does Oracle have anything comparable to the data transformation
: procedures in SAS/BASE? In particular, the SAS datastep? ( SAS/BASE is

Yes, SQL (I'm serious).

I recall a really long involved SAS program I had to convert.

After reverse engineering it, and analysing what it was realy trying to accomplish (took a few days for sure), then I was able to write the equivalent logic with a couple of group-by SQL statements.

I guess if all you're doing is feeding data into the statistical packages then it might be harder to reproduce the results. Received on Wed Nov 07 2007 - 23:04:27 CST