OO4O "Set OraSession = Nothing" Taking 45 Seconds

From: wrldruler <filedown_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:02:00 -0800

Hi,

I have a Oracle 10g back-end, and an Access 2000 front-end.

One particular page uses OO4O to connect directly to the database. It opens and loads very quickly. It takes about 5 seconds for the session to be established.

But every time I try to close my session, the status bar says "Calculating" and it hangs for 45 seconds.

               Set OraSession = Nothing

I was closing it at the end of the function, but it was taking 45 seconds between clicks. Next I moved it to Form_Unload, but it was taking it 45 seconds to close my form.

Finally, I stopped trying to close it. As a result, Oracle automatically closes itself when you exit the application. Thus, it is now taking 45 seconds for the Access database to close when a user hits Exit.

Any ideas as to why "Set OraSession = Nothing" will hang for so long? Why would it take 5 seconds to open the session, and 45 to close it?

Thanks,

Chris Received on Tue Nov 06 2007 - 11:02:00 CST