Re: database filesystem

From: <MfwEwkCtzVem_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:52:06 -0000

> I still haven't figured out what real benefit that having Windows
> files based on SQL Server technology are supposed to provide to us
> users.

The old dos/windows filesystem is like a database anyway. You can select entries (records, files) by wildcard or directly. It is obvious that this old and slow database has to be replaced by a modern an efficient one.

On the other hand we need a database not relying on a file system but doing the disk i/o by its own.

Jens Martin Schlatter Received on Sun Nov 04 2007 - 10:52:06 CST