oracle sum display zero instead of NULL

From: <trpost_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2007 15:42:45 -0700

I have a simple query:

SELECT SUM(cases_escalated) AS casesescalated FROM groupsummary WHERE report_date=TO_DATE('Sep 2007','MON YYYY') AND group_name = 'T1';

The query works fine, except for when there is nothing to SUM and then I get returned NULL instead of 0.

My question is how can I get the query to display 0 instead of 'blank'; I read something about using a join, but I don't see how joining would help me as right now this is the only table in my database. Would I somehow join against a query to DUAL? Received on Thu Nov 01 2007 - 17:42:45 CDT