Re: Health check for Oracle Database

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:05:33 -0700

On Oct 24, 8:56 pm, "David" <da..._at_mcp.com> wrote:
> What do you recommend for regular database health check in Oracle? We want
> to make it as standard procedure. Is it necessary? MSSQL has such
> maintenance plan.

Oracle also has a tool called RDA, which just gathers basic info for support calls. It might be an idea to run it regularly so you are prepared and documented, as long as you are putting SOP together. Use metalink.oracle.com to access Note:330760.1 or Note:314422.1 . Note: 460796.1 shows how to run it in cron. You should always post your version and platform.

Here is a brief intro to this group: http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.