Re: Health check for Oracle Database

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:18:39 -0500

David wrote:
> What do you recommend for regular database health check in Oracle? We want
> to make it as standard procedure. Is it necessary? MSSQL has such
> maintenance plan.

Oracle builds their "health check" functionality into Enterprise Manager. With EM, it will check to ensure that the database is available, tablespaces are not running out of space, performance metrics are being met...and much, much more. SQL Server's maintenance plans, by comparison, do very little.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net