Re: How can I update the Oracle Universal Installer?

From: Markus Misiak <spam_at_mpf-ag.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:58:39 +0200

Brian Peasland schrieb:
> Markus Misiak wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> I have one silly question. I want to update an Oracle ODBC-driver for
>> a MS-Windowssystem. So I downloaded the driver from the oracle
>> homepage and tryed to install it with the OUI. But the installation
>> process stop ped because the used OUI is too old. Now I need the
>> newest one but i cant find it anywhere. Could somebody help me?

> Oracle ODBC drivers need more than just the driver's DLL file. It also
> needs the Oracle Client software. If you have the Oracle client
> software, you will also have the OUI. Why not go to Technet and download
> the Oracle client for Windows and proceed from there?
>
> HTH,
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I still have the actual oracle client software installed (latetst one from the oracle homepage). This contains the OUI 10.1.0.2.0 but the ODBC driver update needs 10.2.0.0.0! Thats my problem.

I will try metalink.

But many thanks for your help!

Markus Received on Wed Oct 24 2007 - 01:58:39 CDT