reading longvarchar(484), data always empty in Excel Options

From: Sonnich Jensen <sonnich.jensen_at_jotautomation.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:39:05 -0700

I have a problem with reading data from Oracle in Excel. When reading a
longvarchar, I get nothing - it does not read any data out. The code (VBA in Excel) below is in use, and when reading a normal varchar2 field it
works. The current is a longvarchar(484), and it is always empty, causing EOF to be true - always - trying to to read data before reads nothing...
The SQL works well in PHP, DB Explorer and such.... but M$ does not like it,

Help, please...

      Set oWS = CreateWorkspace("server", "me", "qwerty", dbUseODBC)
      oWS.DefaultCursorDriver = dbUseODBCCursor
      oWS.LoginTimeout = 280

      Set Connection = oWS.OpenConnection("server", dbDriverNoPrompt,
True, _
        "ODBC;DSN=datastuff;UID=me;PWD=qwerty")
      Connection.QueryTimeout = 480

     sSQL = "select something from whatever"
    Set oRec = oConn.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenDynaset)

    If oRec.EOF Then '<- always false, even that SQL returns data       sResult = "" Received on Tue Oct 23 2007 - 23:39:05 CDT