Re: How can I update the Oracle Universal Installer?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:54:24 -0500

Markus Misiak wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have one silly question. I want to update an Oracle ODBC-driver for a
> MS-Windowssystem. So I downloaded the driver from the oracle homepage
> and tryed to install it with the OUI. But the installation process stop
> ped because the used OUI is too old. Now I need the newest one but i
> cant find it anywhere. Could somebody help me?

Oracle ODBC drivers need more than just the driver's DLL file. It also needs the Oracle Client software. If you have the Oracle client software, you will also have the OUI. Why not go to Technet and download the Oracle client for Windows and proceed from there?

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net