Re: Multiple datasets in one dataset

From: <roman.morokutti_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:25:31 -0700

Hi Dieter,

> Watch out and check the expected result set, there are differences
> between ANSI and proprietary outer joins (not only for Oracle but also
> for e.g. MS SQL and DB2) as soon as you add some search conditions.
> Whereas if you implement ANSI style the answer set will always be the
> same on any DBMS.

I donīt belive it. There are indeed different behaviours regarding the proprietary outer joins from Oracle and the ANSI SQL standard. Thanks for
the advice to test the ANSI style. This one returnes the right result without
bringing the server down. (Problem described a few posts before.)

More over, the ANSI style executes 2 times faster. On the other side there
seem to be a bug in the proprietary outer join processing of Oracle.

Now everything looks fine. I do once more thank all the people who assisted
and helped me with their advices and knowledge on this topic.

Regards
Roman Received on Tue Oct 23 2007 - 04:25:31 CDT