Re: Multiple datasets in one dataset

From: Brian Tkatch <N/A>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:54:03 -0400

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:52:40 -0700, roman.morokutti_at_googlemail.com wrote:

>Hi Brian,
>
>if such sample data appear within a certain
>time span, we encounter a significant raise
>of time. In other words I quit the thread
>after about 4500 seconds.

What is the execution plan? In SQL*Plus use the command (i hope i get this right) "SET AUTOT TRACE EXP STAT", and run the query, then post the output here.

>After excessive testing it turned out, that
>those values were blamable where all values
>are 0.

Could those records bve ignored? If so, use a WHERE clause to exclude such a case, such as, AND A.Value1 > 0 AND A.Value2 > 0 ... AND A.Value10 > 0.

>We have also tested on Postgres ( before we
>turned it to an inner select - Postgres does
>not understand (+) ).

(+) is Oracle specific, just like *= is SQL Server specific. All support the ANSI syntax, however.

> Even the inner select did not return, either on Oracle nor on Post-
>gres.

An EXPLAIN PLAN would probably be helpful here as well.

B.