cast a long to integer?

From: JonL <bohat14_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 04:57:23 -0700

We have a table, T1, with a range partition on a numeric value. I am trying to join the dba_tab_partitions table with T1 where high_value = key_value. Of course this does'nt work cause HIGH_VALUE is a long. I thought I would be able to somehow cast the HIGH_VALUES as a number, but the simple way to_number (HIGH_Values) does not work. Could someone help me with this ?

JonL

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options Received on Thu Oct 18 2007 - 06:57:23 CDT