Re: UTF-8 encoding problem

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 16 Oct 2007 15:25:01 GMT

Mikael Petterson <mikael.petterson_at_ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi,

You set a wrong followup for this thread that will confuse people. Please take care!

> We created a script ( for sqldeveloper) to do insert data into our db.
> When we look at the script on windows it lloks fine. On redhat linux we get
> wrong encoding of swedish characters едц .... in the editor ( or using
> more).
> Any ideas what the problem might be?

How did you generate this file and how did you transfer it to the Linux computer?

If "script.sql" is the name of your SQL script, what is the result of

   file script.sql
on your Linux computer?

Whet is the result of

   locale
on your Linux computer?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Oct 16 2007 - 10:25:01 CDT