Add column to BIG IOT (9.2.0.5)

From: Nonor <ora.emploi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:44:11 -0700

Hello

The problem is to adding a column to a big IOT table, 23 millions records, when trying
the simple "add column.." we get too much undo, the DDL is logged (even with nologging clause).
I try the to create a empty IOT with the new column, then a
INSERT /* append parallel...*/ INTO <new_iot> SELECT /* parallel ..*/ * from <orig_iot>,
but I get a "ORA-00947 not enough value"....seem that oracle need a value for the new column, how to proceed ? we need direct-insert nologging and parallel clause to speed the process..

thank yu Received on Tue Oct 16 2007 - 04:44:11 CDT