Re: Multiple datasets in one dataset

From: <roman.morokutti_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:29:30 -0700

Hi,

> For a quick solution, you could use a UNION ALL, and a WHERE NOT
> EXISTS on each one.

thank you for your help. Could you give me an example of how such a statement could look?

> I fail to see how do you know that: a.value_group = 11 and
> b.value_group = 21 and c.value_group = 22. And if you do know there
> separate values, why not just write separate queries?

This is as I stated above that it is not clear how many lines to expect.
The example shows a query where I definitely know the current count of lines. The lines indicate a process flow or think of a pipeline where
a piece comes in and goes through the stages. The initial stage creates
the unique time stamp and sets the value_group to 11. The next stage takes the same time stamp and sets value_group to 21 and so on till the last stage and this has the value_group id 25.

But if the processing in one stage before the last may fails I have occasionally not the full count of entries. And this is exactly the problem.
To select all them regardless of on what stage they may have been failed.

Regards
Roman Received on Thu Oct 11 2007 - 02:29:30 CDT