Re: DBWR summed scan depth

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN05P4M_at_gmail.com.invalid>
Date: 10 Oct 2007 19:20:31 GMT

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:03:05 -0700, abdoul85 wrote:

> hello,
> I'm writing a simple script which shows informations about database. The
> problem is that I have excecute:
>
> select * from v$sysstat dssd where dssd.name='DBWR summed scan depth'
>
> On database ver 9 everything is allright but on ver 10 the row with name
> value = 'DBWR summed scan depth' doesnt' exist. How to enable 'DBWR
> summed scan depth' in my database ? or is there any posibility to
> encourage SELECT to return for example "NOT EXIST" string instead of
> NULL when 'DBWR summed scan depth' doesn,t exist ?

Try something like this:

SQL> select min(v) val from (select to_char(value) v from v$sysstat where name='execute count' union select 'not found' v from dual);

VAL

62623

SQL> select min(v) val from (select to_char(value) v from v$sysstat where name='DBWR summed scan depth' union select 'not found' v from dual);

VAL

not found Received on Wed Oct 10 2007 - 14:20:31 CDT