Long Operation monitoring in 10g OEM

From: Dan <daniel.ostertag_at_visaer.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:20:33 -0700

We recently upgraded to Oracle 10g. Does anyone know how to view the progress of long operations in 10g?

In 9i Enterprise Manager, I was able to view sessions and see clearly those that were considered Long Operations (they had a clock icon next to the session). Once you opened the row, there was a tab for Long Operations where you could see how far along you were with the SQL statement it was running.

In 10g, I now use the web-based OEM. There is more than enough info about the job running, but nowhere have I found the percent complete or estimated time remaining. All I see is the percent of total CPU it is using. I know I can run a query to get this long op info, but I prefer a graphical tool like the old 9i OEM.

Am I just missing where it is, or has it been removed from 10g?

Thanks,
Dan Received on Tue Oct 09 2007 - 16:20:33 CDT