problem with longvarchar... reads as long

From: Sonnich Jensen <sonnich.jensen_at_jotautomation.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:46:00 -0700

Hi

I have a problem when reading a longvarchar, displays as memo in DB Explorer. It reads, but when reading in excel it gives an error (just that).
When playing around in DB explorer, I cannot use casting as char, the error: expected char, got long.

In the SQL I cannot use || and add something to it.

NVL fails too.

What should I do? Received on Tue Oct 09 2007 - 08:46:00 CDT