Timestamping records automatically

From: Arch <send.no_at_spam.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:50:11 GMT

I need to add a date / time stamp to records as they are inserted into a table. I need to do this at the server end.

Is there a "correct" way to do that? Should I simply use a default value of sysdate? Or should this be done with a trigger or something else?

Thanks for any advice Received on Fri Oct 05 2007 - 21:50:11 CDT