Re: add sysdate to column name

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:50:35 -0700

On Oct 3, 7:00 am, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 5:00 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

> > alex wrote:
> > > Hello experts,
>
> > > i'm attempting to add the sysdate to (not the record) but as the
> > > column name.
>
> > > something like select record as sysdate.
>
> > > i'm getting an error, however.
>
> > > is this possible?
>
> > > alex
>
> > Whether it is possible I will leave for others to help you with.
>
> > SELECT keyword
> > FROM gv$reserved_words
> > WHERE keyword LIKE 'SYSD%';
>
> > however might be worth running.
>
> > You are heading for a train wreck. Why intentionally walk on the tracks?
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Some are born as natural 'SQL Thrill Seekers'. Think, I guess, of
> Evel Kneivel as an Oracle DBA or developer ...
>
> David Fitzjarrell

I dunno. Evel Kneivel would carefully evaluate speed, ramp angle, and know his bike inside out. Then he would crash and break every bone in his body. I think the 'SQL Thrill Seekers' are more like that guy on Jackass, just do stupid stuff on purpose that anyone oughta know better.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
If everyone jumped off a cliff... you'd have the Torrey Pines glider