Re: RMAN Log Analyzer

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:36:42 -0700

Comments embedded.
On Sep 26, 1:29 pm, Kake...._at_gmail.com wrote:

> Thank you for the good answer.

You're quite welcome.

> I have talked a bit round about the matters in hand. It is not
> considered as good practice to tell people about relations inside or
> "outside" company. The problem at hand still was how I in first
> message described it.
>
> But I have not corrected when I should have, and I actually never
> should have used term Oracle people (just that it sounded easy). It
> gives you the wrong idea of where the info is stuck. They can't give
> what is not their's to give.

A bit of clarity on your part as to where this process was stalled could have shortened this thread considerably. :)

> This what I gain from the info I was looking for, is used to build
> that bridge. We had no communication, and now trough proper channels
> we have. Because we have data to support our "feeling" that something
> is wrong. There will be no actions what so ever with "I just feel
> that.."

You are correct, 'I just feel that ..." doesn't usually play well with management. You need supporting data; we provided a source where you could obtain that information. The 'ball', so to speak, returned to your court; it was, and is, your responsibility to acquire that data and use it to illustrate your point. I am happy that your communication channels have opened and you now can discuss this issue rationally and have a healthy exchange of ideas on how to solve it.

> I believe if body language could transfer trough tcp none would have
> been upset.

Which is a problem with the written word. One can interpret text in a myriad of ways, not all of which are pleasant or reasonable. We don't know you, you don't know us, and first impressions, especially in print, are lasting.

> First mistake was mine.

We all make them, and making them isn't the issue. Recognizing that one has been made is; it is the greater soul who can see his mistake, admit to making it and in response amend his ways.

> About the having something for
> free and forums. Of course you expect that the info from the forum is
> free. But also no one forces you to come here and answer for n00bies
> and lamers like me. Or am I wrong.

No one has 'hog-tied' us to a chair and forced us to respond to newsgroup questions; for the most part we do this because we want to share the knowledge we have, and in the process gain more knowledge through the responses of others. We freely give of our time to help those who ask questions and show an honest effort beforehand in attacking their problem. We do not suffer the lazy or the 'entitled' gladly. For those who will do, as well as ask, we are here.

> In the end I am where I should be with this matter.

I am happy to know that.

> I have learned a
> bit more about keeping my temper out of the game room.

As you've discovered temper is an easy mistress to court, and sometimes a difficult one to ignore. Keeping a level head and an eye on the 'prize' helps tremendously. You've obviously learned that lesson, which can only make your job, and the jobs of those around you, easier.

> And I hope I
> didn't make any arch enemies here.

I, for one, don't consider you an enemy. Return when you have other questions; we'll be happy to help as long as you follow our 'rules of engagement', which you've undoubtedly learned through this exchange.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Sep 27 2007 - 11:36:42 CDT