Tip from mr. D.K. Burleson

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:47:41 -0700

Hello fellow DBA's,

I've read a article from Burleson where he's an enthusiast about solid state disks:

" It's important for all Oracle professionals to learn about solidstate
 disk to understand how I/O bottlenecks will soon become a thing of the past. "

and

"The ancient platter-based disks from the 1960's will soon join paper tape and punched cards in the annals of IT history. "

" In my reproducible benchmarks of SSD vs. platter disks, the response
time benefits of using SSD with Oracle are amazing with blistering speeds that result in up to a 300x speed improvement. "

( full read at http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_flash_disk_drives_ssd_ram_san.htm )

He doesn't mention any drawback to this SSD. Does anyone here has experience with this SSD , and is it as big as mr Burleson says?

TIA,
Helma Received on Thu Sep 27 2007 - 03:47:41 CDT