C# Oracle Q (from a SQL Server point of view)

From: <arun.hallan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 03:13:21 -0700

Hi,

I am currently using OleDb in c# .net to connect to an Oracle database.
I do this by referencing a 'data source', this data source is an alias to a .ora file which contains the connection details.
>From what i understand, you need to do an Oracle installation in order
for this whole process to work.

I want to be able to connect to the Oracle DB without having to make any installations (would like to just use the dll's instead).

My question is, how can i get rid of the .ora file dependency? Like in SQL server, the data is all held in the connection string. Received on Tue Sep 18 2007 - 05:13:21 CDT