null indicators....

From: <jerseycat10_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:21:34 -0000

We have a code generation process which spits out a tremendous amount of data loading code. We selectively add indicators to these table fields based on certain criteria, such as data type, nullablility, etc.

Question is, is their any harm in giving every field an indicator, regardless of type and/or attributes?

We have a problem lately with mismatching database schemas and software releases, and doing this would help with that problem. It would also simplify the code generation tool too ;)

Thanks,
AJ Received on Mon Sep 17 2007 - 13:21:34 CDT