sqlldr log

From: Mim <michele.tahay_at_transics.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:11:33 -0700

Hello,

I am using sql loader to import some data into our oracle 10g database from a sybase database.
The data is pulled from the sybase database by our own tool and everything is put in files (two per table: .ctl and .txt file). Our tool also creates a batch file which contains the sqlldr statements to import each of the previously created files.  I have one problem though. When the CTL file is not correct (e.g. a columnname of a table is not the same as the columnname found on the oracle table), no bad file is created.The error is logged in the log file, but because we have hundreds of tables, there is no rapid way to see that import of table xx failed due to column misspelling.

Is there a way to set up sql loader to only make a log file when an error occured? Or to write the error in another kind of file (maybe also a .bad file)?

I already tried to write the output of my bad file to its own log with:
CALL IMPORT_ALL_TABLES.BAT > IMPORT.log
but the messages that matter (the errors) still display on screen and are not written in the log file.

Greetings

Michèle Received on Mon Sep 17 2007 - 10:11:33 CDT