Re: Errors in import

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 06:42:47 -0700

Comments embedded.
On Sep 17, 4:42 am, Sidhu <amardeepsi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have got a full database [Oracle 7] export file which I am importing
> to a 10g database. There are a total of about 12 schemas.
>
> On 10g, I simply created a blank database and then all the tablespaces
> and ran the import.

How was this .dmp file generated? What was the originating exp command? Do you have a logfile of this? How did you run imp to process this file? Under which user account? Do you have a logfile for this? Which release of 10g? Which release of 7? Give all FOUR numbers for each.

> But it ran into a lot of errors with creation of
> db links, snapshots and finally creating comments on tables. Creation
> of db_links and snapshots failed with ORA-01031: insufficient
> privileges. And then there were comments on those snapshots which had
> to fail as snapshots didnt get created.

Again, which user account was used to export the database from 7 and which user account was used to import the database into 10g?

> Then I created all the users in advance. Granted DBA role to all and
> set default role also "DBA".

Why????

> And again ran the import. Its still
> giving the errors.

Until you present EXACTLY what you did to extract the information from 7 and attempt to put that information into 10 no one can help you.

> But otherwise,if I maually login with any of the
> user (out of those total 12), I can create dblinks and snapshots. Any
> ideas to avoid all these errors. If you need any other info please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks
> Sidhu

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Sep 17 2007 - 08:42:47 CDT