Problem with update uses two tables

From: Waldemar Dacko <dackow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:16:02 -0000

Hi,
I've had a problem with (probably) simple query. I want to update one field in one table when another field in this table is equal to another field in another table (they have the same type of course). This should be something like this (each table has two field - id and x):

update tabX set tabX.x = tabY.y where tabX.id = tabY.id

but it doesn't working. Please tell me what is wrong with this query and how to change it.

WD Received on Wed Sep 12 2007 - 02:16:02 CDT