Question about revoking select from PUBLIC

From: bontemps <jontan_mlr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:43:16 -0700

All of our tables have PUBLIC synonyms and of course PUBLIC has SELECT privileges on all of them. How can I make some of them visible ONLY to certain users? If I drop the PUBLIC synonyms, nobody except the owner can see them. If I keep the PUBLIC synonyms everyone sees them. We know that we can drop the synonym and include the schema owner when referencing the table name but we dont want to rewrite the application to insert them.

Thanks for any help. Received on Tue Sep 11 2007 - 13:43:16 CDT