dynamic sql

From: durga <kanagadurga.sundaram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:07:31 -0700

hi folks,

 i am an oracle novice....i am working on a small project, i've created a few tables holding employee, projects and clients info. My parent table is OGEMP whose primary key is SSN, there are 5 other tables whose foreign key is SSN(referring OGEMP). Here's my problem, if an employee says that his SSN has been entered wrong, then I should be able to modify my OGEMP table and insert the new SSN and delete the old one. I have to use a bottom-up approach here, since there are other tables who have SSN as foreign keys. I am supposed to use dynamic SQL for this problem. I got a clue here........first I've to create a new table which is going to hold my OGEMP and related tables in a particular order (parent to child), then insert the new ssn as a new record in the parent table, update in all my child tables and finally delete the old SSN from the OGEMP table. I've created the new table.........but my problem is inserting rows (tables in parent to child order)...........I've to use dynamic SQL and user_constriants......help please!!!! Received on Mon Sep 10 2007 - 11:07:31 CDT