Re: Problem with lost archive logs

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanN05P4M_at_gmail.com.invalid>
Date: 31 Aug 2007 18:34:44 GMT

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:17:18 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> On Aug 31, 7:43 am, vitalis..._at_gmail.com wrote:

>> OK. I feared RMAN might have "unfortunately" deleted the required
>> archived log backups during the execution of 'delete obsolete' in your
>> scenario.
>>
>> Does it complain about your datafile when you run "report
>> unrecoverable;"?

> No, I would guess because it is offline.

Hmm, I don't think so.
But I've just re-read the reference guide for "report unrecoverable" and it seems to take unrecoverable operations (when no redo is generated) into account only. So that would explain the output of the command in your case.

> The idea is to avoid resetlogs to keep the standby going. The normal
> answer to not being able to recover a db with this sort of file problem
> includes open resetlogs. There are lots of things that can't be done
> with normal advice if a standby is involved. Anything that avoids
> generating redo for performance and anything requiring a resetlogs are
> two major ones.

Thanks Joel for clarifying that point. Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 13:34:44 CDT