Re: Problem with lost archive logs

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:43:28 -0700

On Aug 31, 4:07 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 3:03 am, vitalis..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Aug 30, 10:45 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > > If anybody knows a way out of this short of dropping the datafile and
> > > redoing the backup/restore, my labor day weekend is all ears.
>
> > AFAIK it is not possible.
>
> > Out of curiosity, were these archived logs deleted by RMAN? Which
> > command exactly?
>
> No, they are deleted outside of RMAN. Each RMAN backup has at least
> the last 3 days worth of logs, but not every backup is kept.

OK. I feared RMAN might have "unfortunately" deleted the required archived log backups during the execution of 'delete obsolete' in your scenario.

Does it complain about your datafile when you run "report unrecoverable;"?

> I'm not entirely sure, but I think the newer versions of RMAN being
> able to restore across incarnations might have a way around this sort
> of problem. That doesn't help me this weekend.

Which incarnations? I can't see any resetlogs in your scenario.

Jerome Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 09:43:28 CDT