Couple of oracle questions

From: <chunji08_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:47:19 -0000

Hi there,
I am NEW to the Oracle, and I have two questions here. 1. Let's say I am going to run a "select ... " sql, is there an easy way for me to set the format of the output? When I was using PostgreSQL, I can run a "/x" to have the output in vertical or horizontal format, is there a similar command in oracle ?

2. For such "select ..." sql, how can I get the column name along with the output ?

I was using SQLPLUS on linux box.

Thank you for the tips.

Charlie. Received on Fri Aug 24 2007 - 12:47:19 CDT