Re: Relinking Oracle Server Manger 2.0 Executables

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:25:55 -0700

On Aug 24, 10:20 am, "Paul Linehan" <plinehan__A_at_T__yahoo__D.OT__COM> wrote:
> Rajesh wrote:
> > Iam trying to install oracle on sco507, in the middle of the
> > installation iam getting the below said error.
> > Error during action Relinking oracle server Manager 2.0 executables
> > Command : make -f ins_svrmgr.mk linstal 1>>
> > /app/oracle/product/7.3.4/orainst/install.log2>>
> > /app/oracle/product/7.3.4/orainst/install.log>>
>
> What version of Oracle are you trying to install. My crytal
> ball is in for repair.
>
> I don't believe that Oracle supports SCO any more - certainly
> if you go to the downloads pages 11, 10 and 9, SCO is not
> mentioned. Looking on SCO's site, nowhere do I see a current
> version of Unix less than 6, so you could have an old version.
>
> Download Linux and try with that.
>
> Paul...
>

> > Rajesh- Hide quoted text -

Read the logfile destination path and you'll discover this is 7.3.4:

/app/oracle/product/7.3.4/orainst/...

I can't believe this is certified for any current operating system so I'm not surprised at the outcome of the relink attempt.

The OP needs to install something more recent unless the application vendor doesn't support current releases of Oracle, and in that case I'd be seriously searching for a new vendor and application.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Aug 24 2007 - 10:25:55 CDT