utl_http.request <h1>Bad Request</h1>

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:04:44 -0700

I have other asp.net web services that I can call with no problem from oracle as follows:

declare
  o varchar2(5000);
  i varchar2(256);
begin
  i := 'http://xxx/xxx/xxx/etFullName?userName=' || 'company\myname';   o := utl_http.request(i);
  dbms_output.put_line(o);
end;

However, I have a web service(with many more parms) that I can call from IE with no problem, but If I call it in the same way (above) from oracle I get:

<h1>Bad Request</h1>

The exact string its attempting to pass to utl_http.request works fine from IE. Received on Tue Aug 21 2007 - 15:04:44 CDT