Re: Cannot delete system02.dbf file

From: <mfullerton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:01:46 -0000

On Aug 20, 2:09 am, Captain <captain_2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all gurus,
>
> I have personal oracle 8i on Win Xp. starting to learn oracle 8i.
>
> By error created an extra system02.dbf file in personal oracle 8i
> using dba studio.
> Tried to delete system02.dbf using dba studio and it does allows to
> delete.
>
> I'm stuck and it is consuming lots of space in my computer. Please
> help me to remove system02.dbf file.
>
> nat

Aside from everything I have read in this thread, your main problem is system02.dbf is taking up all of your free space, correct?

alter database datafile 'c:\blah\blah\datafiles\system02.dbf' resize 100m;

You can get rid of a datafile provided no segments have found there way into it yet. However, shrinking it is easy to do...

Other than that I agree with everyone about not learning with 8i. Way too old. It's like learning windows with a copy Windows ME. Received on Mon Aug 20 2007 - 12:01:46 CDT