Re: I can not run any interface in Oracle!

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:25:20 +0200

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:12:36 -0700, mezzanine1974 <savas_karaduman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am beginner in Oracle. I have installed Oracle 10g in to my PC and
>created first database called "SavasKaraduman".
>I expected Oracle to provide an interface in which i can produce my
>Tables, Queries, Reports etc. like I did with MS Access. I can not
>find yet.
>Related database files what i created are located in the following
>folders. But, none of them prompts me to initiate an interface.
>C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\oradata\SavasKaraduman
>C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\admin\SavasKaraduman
>
>Could you help me please?

A quick solution would be to download (it's completely free) sqldeveloper from http://otn.oracle.com

Oracle10g XE is completely graphical, but then you would need to start all over again.
Oracle has always made a strong distinction between database and front-end.
The database comes with a swiss knife called 'sql*plus'. There is also a browser based isql*plus nowadays.
IMO, using a GUI will learn you to hit buttons. It will not learn you the product or make you UNDERSTAND the product.

I would recommend reading the 'Getting Started Manual' and the '2 Days DBA' at http://tahiti.oracle.com before you start creating havoc, or become a pest on this forum.

Oracle provided executables are typically in %ORACLE_HOME%\bin. %ORACLE_HOME% for you is c:\oracle\product\10.1.0

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA