Re: Invoke Oracle function from SQL SERVER

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:16:24 -0500

ind_123 wrote:
> How I can call an oracle function from SQL SERVER 2000 stored
> procedure. Anyone?

You'll want to set this up on the SQL Server end of things. As such...this question is better posed in a SQL Server newsgroup. However, you can get started by going to Books Online and looking up "hetergeneous data sources". Oracle's Heterogeneous Services (HS) is Oracle's version. But Oracle's HS would be to query a SQL Server db from Oracle, not the other way around. Since you want to call an Oracle fn from SQL Server, you'll need a SQL Server solution.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net