Re: Newbie question re refreshing Materialized Views

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:02:07 -0700

> So it seems to me, to get reliable results from these things, I kinda have
> to roll-my-own "refresh" routine (possibly along the lines of what Gints
> touched on earlier). That's a bit of a pain in the butt, but I guess it
> means I get to learn some more. Which is always good. If not always
> convenient ;-)

For me the whole process needed about one day to construct in my mind and one another day to write and test, so as you have the process already defined you'll need about a day ;) Actually if you are planning to use more or less similar technique feel free to ask qiestions if you don't know anything. Descriobed technique works for us already more than a year without any problem.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Thu Aug 16 2007 - 15:02:07 CDT