Re: Newbie question re refreshing Materialized Views

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:49:59 -0700

Adam Cameron wrote:

>> It would help to have the following:
>>
>> 1. Oracle version number to 4 decimal places

> It's 9i
>
>> 2. The DDL used to create the MV
>> 3. An explain plan taken both before and after the change
>>     -- you do run regular StatsPacks don't you?
>> 4. Any indication of what has changed: Something has.

> I'm not sure you read my question correctly. I'm not after a fix for the
> performance drop-off: as I said, someone else is already dealing with that.
>
> I am asking a "semantical" question about how MVs work. None of the rest
> of your questions are relevant to that.

<RANT>
And you might get if it you weren't investing so much energy into not being helpful. I asked for the Oracle version to 4 decimal places and you answer with a dumb-as-dirt 9i like 9.0.1 is identical to 9.2.0.8: It isn't.

Don't get an attitude with people trying to help you when they are doing it for free and you are not being cooperative.

The fact that you are ignorant of something does not make it irrelevant to answering your question. Now YOYO!
</RANT>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington