PL/SQL Permissions

From: JMecc <jmecc_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:32:00 -0700

I've created a table, say tbl and a PL/SQL function fcn that I want to share with a friend. I used the following:

GRANT SELECT ON tbl TO friend;
GRANT EXECUTE ON fcn TO friend;
CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM tbl FOR me.tbl;
CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM fcn FOR me.fcn;

and now by going on the SQL comand line my friend can select from tbl no problem, but the problem comes in PL/SQL. When he runs fcn, it errors at the line

SELECT col2 INTO x FROM tbl WHERE col1 = 1;

stating ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.

Is there another privilege which I can grant him that will allow him to access my table though my function?

Thanks,
Jo Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 17:32:00 CDT